Saturday 9 January 2010

Liz Claiborne fleece top size 12



I bought this cream fleece top in a sale in the 1990s when they were already marked at 75% down. You can judge what a hotshit fashionista I am. I was trying to replicate a top that I owned in the 1980s. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

The top I bought in 1984 - somewhere in North London - I loved to death. At one point in my hormonal cycle I would have happily done myself in, so I could have been buried in it. It had a trendy gathered panel front and tapered sleeves.

Oh go on then, you have to take my word for how fantastic that was. Anyway, I thought I looked like the world's most fetching graphic designer. Even when I wasn't one. I finally had to get rid of my beloved when the proximity of my body just bust the seams.

This, the nearest cream fleece replicant I ever found, never worked. I still wore it, and despised it, and me, everytime I did so. It looked like a dishcloth, and so did I. Eventually I turned it into a bag to stop myself wearing it.

It's made a better playbag than a top. I put a variety of small patches all over it in different textures. I've also sewn in cream zips and pockets which don't come out in the photos. The zip, which doesn't come out in the pic, I cut from a pair of Dolce and Gabbana jeans. They always looked shit on me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment