Saturday 23 January 2010

Cherokee demin skirt, size 10


Good grief, which insane woman would ever wear a denim skirt? Would she be drunk, mad, dead in a ditch? There is no useful point to denim skirts. Ever. They all deserve to be made into bags.

The main problem with heavy denim is that it does not fold, bend, or do anything interesting at all. It just is. A patch of dark blue. Wear it, and look like a kid drawing. It just begs to have legs coming out from the corners so it looks like a real table.

The bag, however, is exceptionally strong and durable.

But I could never really escape the denim. I suffered a failure of imagination at some point and starting sewing pockets on it at random angles.


Hope it comes in useful to someone, because I am so very glad it has left this house.

2 comments:

  1. All these bags are fab - I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a miserable day today, truly hellish. I needed cheering up so went web surfing. But I'm not exactly sure how I got here. I woke my husband up laughing though and that's the main thing. I read this post to him and he said I already look like a kid's drawing. I'm not sure I like him any more.

    ReplyDelete