Monday 1 March 2010

Denim skirt, brand x

All denim skirts are basically the same, so I can't even be bothered to look at the brand. This one caught my eye thanks to the blood red embroidered flowers on the hem. Looks like flowers at a funeral for your legs.


Don't ever wear denim skirts, that's my advice. Make them into bags instead. They make excellent bags. For this one I collected lots of red scraps and took the sewing machine for a walk all over the skirt, sewing in the red scraps as I went.

Creating a random art space skirt was quite satisfying, and set me thinking that if you are going to wear a denim skirt then you should sew on found items too. It gives you bits to fiddle with and pieces to play with while you sit on the bus. I rather expect this idea to be snatched up by one of the major fashion houses now, and soon you will be seeing Stella McCartney promoting this design as if it was her very own.


I just hope she doesn't sew on the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment